The Manitoba Orff Chapter is currently accepting mentors for the MOC Mentorship Program for the 2023-2024 school year. Mentors will be paired with new or early service teachers. Together, mentors and mentees will create a focus for the year and set times and dates to facilitate consistent communication and collaboration.
Requirements for Potential Mentors
1. Mentors must have a current MOC membership.
2. Mentors may be a practicing or retired educator.
3. Mentors must have completed Orff Schulwerk professional development. This may include completion of endorsed Orff Levels courses or Orff focused workshop or conference session professional development.
4. Mentors must have a minimum of 10 years teaching experience in an Orff-based music program.
5. Mentors agree to provide mentorship in elementary or middle years Orff-based music programs.
6. Mentors must have experience teaching with and integrating all the Orff media. This includes singing, speaking, playing of instruments (pitched, non-pitched, and recorder), and movement.
7. Mentors will be invited to attend all MOC Workshops with their mentee at no cost.
There will be an information meeting for all mentors on Wednesday, April 12, 2023, at 5:00pm at École South Pointe School.
If you are interested in becoming an MOC Mentor, please complete this form. https://forms.gle/eA8LvrBeXsRowuR57
Manitoba Orff Chapter
Copyright © 2023 Manitoba Orff Chapter - All Rights Reserved.