To qualify for the Morna-June Morrow Award for Excellence in Music Education in Manitoba, all nominees (and nominators) must be current members of the Manitoba Orff Chapter, and meet at least 4 of the 6 criteria listed below.
- Music teacher in a public or private school or institution for a minimum of 15 years.
- Actively using Orff methodology in the music class setting.
- Actively involved in community music activities (e.g. divisional, church, or community groups).
- Self-initiating in his/her professional development.
- Strong sense of dedication and organizational skills.
- Actively involved with a music-related board/executive (ie: MOC, MMEA, MCA, etc.)
The award nomination should include the following:
- Sponsor’s name and affiliation to Nominee (must not be a parent of a student)
- Information concerning Nominee
- Teaching experience of Nominee (ie: position, location, years of experience)
- Nominee’s contribution to the profession including school program, extracurricular
- Activities, community involvement, professional development, and involvement in workshops/in-services.
- Publication and recognition awards received by Nominee
- Rationale for nomination
- Signatures of both the sponsor and the Nominee.